My First Mattress Memory Foam
Crib Mattress Review
Best Memory Foam Crib Mattress Under $100
My First Mattress Memory Foam Crib Mattress is an adult mattress designed for babies! This 2-in-1 mattress starts out as a crib mattress and moves into the toddler bed with your young one. The mattress is extra firm to provide the support an infant needs early on, but the memory foam makes this mattress comfortable along with safe. As an extra incentive, the mattress cover is waterproof, removable, and washable. The velvety cover creates an even cozier sleep surface for your baby.
I got my first memory foam mattress in my thirties, but my son got his before birth! The beauty of this mattress is that it is a miniature of the mattress on our bed. It is comfortable, but very firm for safety purposes. The mattress is a perfect fit in our crib, snug with no gaps. The memory foam has the same principle characteristics as in an adult mattress. The foam is there to support the body and create a more restful night's sleep.
The nicest aspect of the design is the velour cover. It's soft and feels luxurious, but it is also waterproof, so I can clean up any leaks or spills easily, quickly, and with little fuss.My baby feels so comfortable and getting a great sleep with this mattress.
Meets Standards & Security
Not only does My First Mattress meet safety standards, it exceeds them. The mattress is designed to fit tightly into a crib without any possibility of gaps or pulling away from the sides. The mattress itself is firm and will not pose a threat to any age infant as they sleep on the memory foam. In addition, the mattress is hypoallergenic, impervious to mites, and made from anti-microbial materials to reduce the risk of spreading illness or inducing allergies.
My son is older now and I am pleased that this is not a bouncy mattress. Due to it being comprised of foam, jumping on the bed isn't much fun, so my son doesn't bother. The comfort has always been a plus for this mattress. My son has slept soundly in this mattress since the first night it was used. Memory foam is supposed to help the occupant sleep, and that is true for even the youngest sleeper. On top of all that, is the fact that the soft cover is quiet. My son can roll around all night and the mattress never makes a sound.
- Firm, but comfortable
- Soft to the touch
- Waterproof cover that is removable and washable
- Well-made with high quality materials
- Anti-microbial and impenetrable to mites and other infestations
- Not bouncy
- Transitions to a toddler bed
- Cheap price against comparable crib mattresses
- The packaging is misleading. If it is bought online, the mattress is delivered rolled up tightly. Once unrolled, the mattress will naturally form into a mattress shape and fill out.
- Gives off an odor directly out of the packaging, but this can be easily remedied by an airing of a few hours outside.
- Firmer than standard memory foam that would be found in an adult bed. This can sometimes be surprising to parents, but this is done as a safety measure.
- Is considered thinner than other crib mattresses, but this is due to the absence of springs
Weeding through crib mattress reviews for the best crib mattress can be a confusing task, but it comes down to safety and comfort.
The My First Mattress Memory Foam Crib Mattress met my expectations for safety and comfort for my son, and I am pleased this mattress will continue to stay with him throughout his toddler years. Moreover, this crib mattress comes with a 10 year manufacturer warranty.
Parents who want to start their children on a memory foam mattress early, but don't wish to compromise their child's health and safety should seek out this mattress.
You can take a peek into Amazon.com to see what other customers are saying about this product.