Colgate Classica I Foam Crib Mattress Review
The Firm & Lightweight Crib Mattress
The Colgate Classica I Foam Crib Mattress has some of the strongest crib mattress reviews written about it. The Classica is made from a firm, but lightweight foam to increase comfort and ease of mobility of the mattress.
I have been thankful many times for the lack of heft in this mattress. The mattress has many more attributes I will discuss in further detail throughout this review, including its quality and health aspects.
The Classica Foam Mattress was designed to keep baby comfortable while making the job of being a parent easier. The mattress is snow white with a vinyl covering to prevent anything from penetrating into the foam, which can lead to the growth of mold. The mattress is extra-firm, making it decidedly more robust than many other crib mattresses that have a tendency to sag over time. In addition, the corners are square to create a tighter, safer fit inside the frame of the crib.
Colgate has designed a mattress that caters to the health needs of infants as well as the practical needs of the parents. I cannot tout enough the virtues of having a lightweight mattress whenever I need to clean up my child in the middle of the night. The vinyl covering makes keeping the surface of the mattress clean a quick chore, so I can return to my own bed.
Meets Standards & Security
The Classica was designed with the health and safety of children as the highest priority. This is why the Classica is so firm, fits so well into a crib, and boasts hypoallergenic, anti-flammable materials. The firmness of the mattress is based on recommendations by medical professionals who suggest that firmer mattresses are safer for infants. This was one of the main factors that steered me toward this mattress for my child. In addition, nothing can replace the peace of mind garnered from knowing that the mattress is hypoallergenic and Greenguard certified.
A foam mattress, in my opinion, is best for an infant, because the foam will give just enough to conform to the shape of the baby's body before returning to its original state when the baby is removed from the crib. Firmer mattresses have an easier time returning to form again and again. The Classica offers one of the best options in crib mattresses for babies to get a good night's sleep.
- Lightweight material that makes flipping the mattress over easy
- Easy to clean without the worry of the mattress soaking up substances
- Snug fit to a standard size crib allows for no wiggle room, gaps, or dangerous shifting
- The quality and sturdiness of the mattress begets longevity
- Safety considerations are part of the design, including the fit of the mattress in the crib, lack of harmful chemicals used, and the firmness of the mattress that is recommended by medical experts to keep the baby from succumbing to hazards in the crib
- Hypoallergenic and fragrance-free
- Does not sag or sink in the middle, but remains almost completely flat
- Some customers may find the mattress too firm for their liking
- Square corners can sometimes make fitting sheets to the mattress difficult
- On the costly side, but not as much as other mattress brands
The Colgate Classica I Foam Crib Mattress is a candidate for the best foam crib mattress I could find. Its firmness is testament to the consideration for the infant sleeping on this mattress. The firmer the mattress, the safer and healthier the baby will be. I will admit that some people may consider this mattress too firm, but a baby's developing body is nothing like an adult body, so using our preferences to judge a mattress that adheres to medical recommendations is hardly fair. This mattress is the best of both worlds, firm and lightweight.
If you are not convinced yet, you can take a look at the customer reviews on Amazon!
If you are looking for a more cheaper crib mattress ,you can go for the best selling cheap crib mattress : Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams Crib Mattress . This will make sure that you get a comfortable crib mattress at a price that suits you.